Monday, November 3, 2014

Fifty Shades of Green

Spoiled Angelenos....we are just finally feeling the first shivers of autumn.  That's fall, for some people, as in, fall "back" one hour, as in time changing, and darkness setting in earlier. This time of year traditionally gives me the blues. But one way I've found to beat the blues, is to keep surrounding myself with the greens ;)

What I love more than the taste of home grown food, is the variation of colors, especially greens. I got fifty different shades of green still growing in the back, and we are officially in November, the month of the full Beaver moon. If you go by the book, you know it's time to plant for winter crops, but the heat would not let up till about a week ago.  So here I've been admiring the giving source, my summer crops. These are, from seed, the strong yielders of the past season!


Baby watermelon, green pepper, jalapeno, green beans, and okra.

No comments:

Post a Comment