Saturday, January 23, 2016

Edible Anomaly of the Week!


I just love fruit and vegetable anomalies! 
 I think they are worthy of our attention. Some people may think anomalies are just freaks of nature. Well, they are.  But they are also the very living, breathing fruits and vegetables that grew wild and undisturbed. They never succumbed to human regulations and modifications imposed on our primary food source. Anomalies may look funny, but are just as beautiful and fascinating (and in most cases delicious), as any perfectly round tomato!

This beautiful heirloom carrot came to me via a local store.  I am prepping for a mushroom and barley soup today that calls for carrots. I love how this one looks like a pelvis and a pair of lady legs! 

Food should always be fun, delicious, and, even at times, sexy and sensual! 




No comments:

Post a Comment