Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Current State of Veggie Garden

Took a little motivation the past few weeks to finally replant for winter.  The end of one life is the beginning of another, as they say. With my grandmother's recent passing, I have to admit it's been difficult to find that extra inspiration to bring life again to my vegetable garden.  But the strength I kept receiving told me I must renew my efforts....after all, Grandma was, and is, my direct link to the love of cooking, to natural and organic foods, and the green world around us.

So, best thing I thought, was to take it one section at a time. Some of the best outcomes I have seen, occurred in the raised bed that I built with my brother about a year ago. I think what works with this space is  that it is easy to maneuver around, and is shallow enough for winter leafy veggies to grow. Its position also helps keep most pests away, especially my pesty cats who would otherwise love to make it their playbox!


Here is the current state:


Displaying 20131125_080558.jpg
Red hot chili peppers hanging out....


Displaying 20131125_080517.jpg
Arugula seeds planted here. Note kitty scoping out his playground!

Displaying 20131125_080442.jpg
Lettuce seeds sown into this raised bed.








 


No comments:

Post a Comment