Friday, November 29, 2013

What's On Your Kitchen Window Sill?

For about 3 years of my adult life, I lived in a 300 sq foot single apartment, with a kitchenette that measured about 4x4 feet.  My gas stove was tiny and my cupboard space limited. Though that kitchen felt stifling at first, it taught me to do more with less.  In that space, I perfected my first granola bars from scratch, which I'd offer to my then personal trainer, who absolutely loved them!  Countless varieties of lentil bean salads were also conceived there,  as well as different roasted specialties, as I hosted friends and family along the way.  I also made use of whatever outdoor space was available, be it a small ledge or a step that received sufficient sunlight. There I kept a few potted herbs that I'd share with my neighbors.  Now that I am blessed with a larger space, I'm quite grateful. I certainly can experiment more with growing herbs and vegetable.  But I have to say that any given day, I still enjoy keeping herbs where I can easily reach for them.

So, what do you like keeping on your window sill, front porch, or ledge?




Displaying 20131127_075704.jpg
Parsley, basil, and couple small tomato plants taking in the morning sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment